Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnic origin in admitting students. At Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy, we pride ourselves in the high quality beauty and barber academic services we provide. Our students trust us for our high quality and affordable beauty and barber training. Please click on a link below to find out more information about our academic programs and policies.
If you have questions about our beauty and barber academy courses, or would like to visit us for salon or spa products or services, please contact today or call us directly at 703-204-1166 or 703-926-7687.
We hope you’ll make Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy your choice for beauty and barber school in the Fairfax, VA area, or at least your choice to enjoy our amazing salon and spa products and services. Thank you for visiting.
General Admission Requirements
Unless otherwise specified, applicants must meet all of the following requirements to be admitted to the Commonwealth of Virginia DPOR licensed certificate programs:
- Be admitted to Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy.
- Be 18 years of age or older, or have approval of the Principal.
- Have completed one unit of high school-level training.
- Have achieved an average of C or higher in all required general education courses taken preceding admission to Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy, unless waived by the Principal.
- Students with criminal convictions who do not self-disclose this information are subject to dismissal from the program and will not be allowed admission in any Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy program.
- Have completed a program information session and/or interview with the Principal, as required.
The following are excerpts of Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy’s school policies. The entire Academy’s policies are found in the school catalog.
- Responsibilities of Academy Students:
- Student must show proof of age (18 or older) to enroll in course (s) and provide proof of secondary education. In the absence of proof of secondary education, the foreign-born applicant may enroll in and successfully complete at least 225 clock hour of the chosen vocational training.
- Student must score 75% or higher on each chapter review and final exam.
- Student with criminal convictions who do not self-disclose this information are subject to dismissal from the program and will not be allowed admission in any Academy program.
- Student must have at least a satisfactory grade on clinic and theory applications.
- Student incurs a variety of expenses in addition to college tuition and fees. These include, but are not limited to, the cost of uniforms, accessories, and travel to clinical assignments. Student is also responsible for state license and national accreditation application and testing fees.
- Student must attend classes as scheduled or arrange to makeup time. The Academy may terminate a student after seven (7) days of last physical attendance if there is no prior written notification of cancellation for the student. If the Student does not return from a leave of absence on the scheduled date as documented in the student’s file; that documented date constitutes the formal termination date.
- A student may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Excessive number of unauthorized absences,
- Lack of cooperation and conduct unbecoming a learner,
- Failure to maintain passing grades,
- Failure to comply with posted rules and regulations of the Academy and the Virginia Board of Cosmetology,
- Use of or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs during class hours
- Continuation Requirements for Academy Students:
The following continuation requirements govern students in all Academy programs:
- Each course in the program major must be completed with a grade of C or better before taking the next course in the sequence and to satisfy graduation requirements, unless waived by the Principal.
- All courses in the major must be taken in the sequence prescribed in the Academy Catalog, unless otherwise approved by the Principal.
- To pass a course students must successfully complete both the didactic (classroom) and the clinical/lab requirements.
- Program faculty and clinical affiliates reserve the right to recommend, through appropriate channels, withdrawal of any student who exhibits unsafe performance or non-adherence to prescribed clinical affiliate policies and procedures.
- Students must be able to perform all essential functions of the program in which they are enrolled.
- Students with criminal convictions who do not self-disclose this information are subject to dismissal from the program and will not be allowed admission in any other Academy program.
- Program Re-Enrollment Requirements for Academy Students:
Any student who has voluntarily withdrawn or who has been withdrawn due to unsatisfactory academic, conduct, or clinical performance may apply for re-admission the following academic year. Acceptance will be based upon space availability and successful fulfillment of any contingencies agreed to in writing at the time of withdrawal.
Any student who has been out of the program for any reason for longer than one academic year must reapply under the admissions requirements.
- Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy’s Instructor Requirements:
In accordance with 18 VAC 41-20-100 – General requirements for a barber instructor certificate, cosmetology instructor certificate or nail technician certificate; The Academy’s instructors are in compliance with the following:
Upon filing an application with the Board for Barbers and Cosmetology, any person meeting the qualifications set forth in this section shall be eligible for a barber, cosmetology, or nail technician certificate, if the person:
- Holds a current Virgina barber, cosmetology, or nail technician license, respectively; and.
- Passes a course in teaching techniques at the post-secondary educational level; or
- Completes an instructor training course approved by the Virginia Board for Barbers and
Cosmetology under the supervision of a certified barber, cosmetologist, or nail technician
instructor in a barber, cosmetology, or nail technician school, respectively; or
- Passes an examination in barber, cosmetology or nail technician instruction respectively,
administered by the board or by a testing service acting on behalf of the board.
Instructors shall be required to maintain a barber, cosmetology or nail technician license.
Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy ensures that the following instructors and students maintain their technical proficiency by attending workshops and the various trade shows, such as the Dermalogica workshop, International Beauty & Esthetic Show and New York / Philidelphia Esthetic Convention. Also the academy provides access to the following:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) provides a number of free
educational tutorials such as, ED101: Effective Teaching Strategies; ED 102: Student Retention
Methods, and ED 103: Student Learning & Assessment.
- American Salon Magazine on-line “how to” website, and
- Milady Pro website
A program is in place that ensures interaction between student and faculty, and among students.
- Student Complaint Procedure:
All complaints must be submitted in writing in a responsible time, dated and signed. The student complaint process involves the following steps:
- Submit complaint to the instructor. If the complaint is not resolved by the instructor, the complaint will be forwarded to the Principal
- Complaints not satisfied at the Academy level; the student may submit their complaint to the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupancy Regulation (DPOR), and the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, as a last resort.
- The address for these organization are:
- Department of Professional and Occupancy Regulation (DPOR) DPOR Compliance and Investigation Division Compliance analysis and Resolution 9960 Mayland Drive Richmond, Virginia 23233-1436
- State Council of Higher Education for Virginia James Monroe Building 101 North Fourteen Street Richmond, Virginia 23219
NO STUDENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO UNFAIR ACTIONS AS A RESULT OF INITIATING A COMPLAINT
- Academy Tuition Only Refund Policy:
For students who enroll, begin class, and then cancel, in accordance with the Board for Barber and Cosmetology Code of Virginia 23-276.3 B, the Academy’s refund policy is as follows:
- Tuition refunds are not automatic except for courses cancelled by the Academy. The student is eligible for a full refund if the student drops one or more of the student’s courses on or before the “last day for tuition refund” date as published in the Schedule of Classes and as indicated on the student’s official receipt form.
- A refund may be authorized in the following circumstances.
• In the case of an administrative error by the Academy.
• When during the course of a program, the student suffers an unexpected major medical emergency or extended illness that requires hospitalization, is life threatening, or is contagious presenting a danger to the academy. The medical problem must force absences of more than 10% of the class sessions. A physician’s verification is required.
• In the event of a student’s death or a member of the student’s immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother, husband, wife, or child).
•When the President of the United States declares a national emergency or a mobilization requiring the student to leave school to assume military duties.
• To request a refund for one of the above circumstances, the student must do the following: (1) Withdraw from the pertinent classes for the program in question. (2) Write a letter to the Principal requesting a refund and providing the student’s rationale for the request with appropriate documentation.
- If the refund is approved, the Academy refund policy is the amount charged to the eligible person for tuition of the courses shall not exceed the approximate pro rata portion of the total charges for tuition. Registration fees, books, and other charges are not refundable. Refunds:
• will be sent to the student’s address of record. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure the Academy has a current and correct address on file. If a refund is granted for any reason other than the Academy’s error, the student with receive a W grade showing withdrawal from the course and that grade will become a part of the student’s official transcript.
• may be prorated. For a problem that occurs in the first quarter of the course, a full tuition refund will be approved. For a problem that occurs in the second quarter of the course, a refund of 50% or half will be approved. No refunds are granted for problems occurring in the second half of a course.
- The student who enters and prepays or is obligated to pay the full school tuition but withdraws or is terminated during the first quartile (25%) of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to 75% of the cost of the program.
- The student who enters and prepays or is obligated to pay the full school tuition but withdraws or is terminated during the second quartile (more than 25% but less than 50%) of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to 50% of the cost of the program
- The student who enters and prepays or is obligated to pay the full school tuition but withdraws or is terminated during the third quartile (more than 50% but less than 75%) of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to 25% of the cost of the program.
- The student who enters and prepays or is obligated to pay the full school tuition but withdraws or is terminated after the third quartile (more than 75%) of the program shall not be entitled a refund.
The academy initiates a refund policy for withdrawal consistent with the SCHEV policy. However, refund policies for VA candidates are governed by the Certifying Officials Handbook and the SAA Technical Assistance Handbook. Therefore, the following applies for VA candidates, only.
FOR VA CANDIDATES ONLY
Refund of tuition will be provided to VA candidates for any withdrawal from the academy. Kit, books, fees, and equipment costs will not be included in any refund. Refunds will be calculated accordingly based on the percentage of the course requirements completed. For example if the candidate completes 10% of the course requirements at the time of withdrawal, a 90% refund of tuition will be reimbursed accordingly pursuant to the policy.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
Northern VA Workforce Investment Board Eligible Training Provider
Financial assistance is provided for the un-employed and low-income students.
State Council for Higher Education of VA
The Board of Cosmetology, and the State Council for Higher Education of VA both
approve the training programs at Le Arai Beauty & Barber Academy. After completion
of your training, you may take the license test for Virginia, District of Columbia (DC) or Maryland.
Student & Exchange Visitor Program
This school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Please visit our separate page detailing our entire training curriculum for:
- Master Esthetics
- Permanent Make-Up
- Massage Therapy
- Eye Lash Extensions